ADRC Mission, Vision and Principles
Alcohol & Drug Recovery Centers, Inc. provides accessible, timely, responsive, and high quality care to persons seeking to recover from the effects of addictive disorders.
Alcohol & Drug Recovery Centers, Inc. will be an influential leader in the provision of services to persons with addictive disorders by virtue of:
- Maintaining an array of comprehensive and integrated services which support the restoration of lives and the principles of recovery;
- Being an innovator in the design and implementation of additional services as our partnerships in the community and with those in recovery indicate are necessary;
- Being a center for the training and development of persons who want to work in the field of addiction services, especially persons in recovery who feel called to such a vocation; and,
- Supporting research into the causes of addictive disorders.
As a provider of high quality care to persons seeking to recover from the effects of
addictive disorders we are committed to the following principles:
- Recovery is the legitimate hope for all those who seek help with the effects of an addictive disorder.
- Everyone –those we serve and, those who are our colleagues– has the right to be treated equitably and with dignity and respect.
- Recovery is best accomplished and maintained when we develop and nurture lasting partnerships with others in recovery, our community, and, when possible, our families.
- Persons in recovery from addictive disorders must be provided with safe and supportive opportunities to learn and practice the skills of living with a chronic illness.
- Services, to be effective, must be accessible, welcoming, empathic, hopeful, culturally-competent, comprehensive, continuous, integrated, responsive, and tailored to the need of the individual.
- The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is prompted both by the training and development of agency staff members and by research into the causes and treatment of addictive disorders.
Founded in 1973, Alcohol and Drug Recovery Centers, Inc. (ADRC) is a private non-profit corporation located in Hartford, Connecticut, providing high quality substance abuse treatment and recovery-supportive services. We operate a number of facilities, offering a wide range of services to help our clients achieve and maintain a life free of the destructive effects of chemical dependency.